IT Administrator I
Little Rock, AR, USA
IT Infrastructure / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An IT Administrator assists in the administration of the Cooperative's computer systems, servers, and/or networks within assigned area of responsibility. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Assists in the implementation and administration of assigned portions of Cooperative's overall computing environment to meet the needs of the various Departments and Divisions within the Cooperatives.
· Assists with installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems within assigned area of responsibility.
· Assists with continuous performance monitoring of systems within assigned area of responsibility. Troubleshoots problems and resolves issues, as required.
· Partners with suppliers and vendors to troubleshoot and correct problems in systems within assigned area of responsibility. Evaluates system reliability and makes recommendations for improvement where possible.
· Monitors system performance to determine when upgrades of equipment and/or services will be required.
· Assists employees and Member Cooperatives in interaction with systems within assigned area of responsibility.
· Assists in the purchase of materials and supplies necessary for the operation of the systems within assigned area of responsibility.
· Participates in the development of documentation describing the technical aspects of systems, as well as operational notes, change control logs and procedural flow charts. Reviews existing documentation for correctness and completeness.
· Assists in the development and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures to support the availability of systems within assigned area of responsibility. Periodically reviews, updates, and tests recovery plans and procedures to ensure effectiveness.
· Assists with the planning process for IT services, hardware, and software within assigned area of responsibility.
· Maintains compliant work processes according to applicable regulatory standards and Cooperative policies and programs. Performs all work within the IT Division's change management and trouble ticket management processes.
· Bachelors in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· MS Exchange or Office 365 Administration
· Microsoft Windows Server 2008\2008RS\2012\ (WSUS)
· Microsoft SQL
· VMWare 6.0 \ SRM \ VEEAM
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational and training assistance
· Free confidential Employee Assistance Program
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Long-term disability
· Short-term disability
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.