Operator I – Transmission Operations
Little Rock, AR, USA
Power Delivery / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Operator I in the Transmission Operations Center provides real-time, moment-to-moment monitoring and control decisions for the 24x7 operations of the AECC transmission system. We’re looking for someone who can operate the AECC transmission system in a coordinated manner with the AECC Real-Time Power Market Operations Center (PMOC), AECC Generation Operations Center, and neighboring units. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Assists in the control, monitoring or operation of power equipment that regulates or distributes electricity at substations and transmission lines using data obtained from SCADA. Provides notification of abnormal condition system alarms on equipment to senior transmission operator or supervisor.
· Assists in preparing switching orders that will isolate work areas without causing unexpected power outages, referring to power system drawings. Assists with directing operations personnel engaged in switching activities.
· Receives instruction and training from senior transmission operators on technical, operational, and safety standards.
· Coordinates with Manager of Construction & Maintenance, engineers, and transmission technicians to provide information such as clearances, switching orders, outage schedules, or process changes.
· Communicates effectively with each System Transmission Operator (i.e.: Entergy, SWEPCO, OG&E, and SWPA) or member cooperative and follows all established practices and protocols in coordinating equipment outages, switching requirements or redirecting system power.
· Assists in preparing reports, charts, and graphs to accurately represent work section, NERC compliance and power system performance.
· Assists in responding to emergencies, such as power equipment and line outages, as instructed in a safe manner and performs switching actions to restore power at affected areas.
· Tracks conditions that could affect the reliability of the power system, such as approaching weather changes or periods of high temperatures, and be prepared to take appropriate response actions.
· Collects and files all records such as completed switching orders, log entries, interruption reports and trouble reports that contain data which is relevant to the organization and NERC reliability compliance.
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.