Power Delivery – Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Technician Helper provides technical skills required to give AECC a soundly constructed, properly maintained, and reliably operated power delivery system. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Participates in the installation, maintenance and testing programs for AECC's or Member Cooperatives' substations, transmission lines, and delivery points.
· Ensures compliance with AECC's Prescribed System Maintenance and Testing Program and NERC Compliance and recordkeeping associated with AECC maintenance and tracking forms and documents.
· Reads substation data. Collects and logs data. Visually inspects equipment at each meter location and report problems.
· Maintains and uses test equipment and tools used for construction and maintenance.
· Performs tests on AECC's or member cooperatives' system using AECC's test equipment and procedures.
· Assembles, installs, tests, calibrates and maintains meters, switches, and breakers.
· Assists with the inspection, use and maintenance of AECC's mobile substations.
· Assists personnel, upon request, with tasks relating to area of responsibility and assists them in the performance of their duties in times of need.
· Participates in safety meetings, tailboard safety session and implements safety in the work area.
· Participates in coordinating the installation of parts and supplies used for construction and maintenance.
· High School Diploma or GED with Specialized training, plus 0-2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid driver’s license
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.