1st Class Line Worker - CDL
Construction Department – Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A 1st Class Line Worker holding a CDL constructs and maintains electrical distribution and transmission systems. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
NOTE: This position is not with a member cooperative. AECI contracts to member cooperatives and others as needed. This contract work could include working for cities, municipalities and gas companies.
Performs basic maintenance on equipment.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, plus 4 to 5 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License
· Ability to travel up to 100% of work week
· Ability to work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week with overtime as needed
· During storm season, expect in and out of state storm recovery work
· Must wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. All PPE must meet safety standard as required by AECI
· CPR and First Aid training
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays.
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECI? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.