Technician I or II – Substation & Transmission
Elkins, AR, USA
Power Delivery – Northwest District / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Technician I or II– Substation & Transmission (S&T) provides the technical skills required to give Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) a soundly constructed, properly maintained, and reliably operated power delivery system. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing system conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· High school diploma or GED, plus 2 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience (Level I) OR Associate's Degree in Electronics, electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent plus 5 years experience (Level II)
· Valid driver’s license
· Certification as substation technician or equivalent
· Industrial Certification in Hydraulics Management, oil-filled equipment or other large industrial machinery
· Journeyman Electrician License or Master Electrician License is also desirable
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.