Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Relief Operator provides for the smooth and efficient operation of the power plant or plants during all stages of operation by relieving Senior Operators, Junior Operators, or Auxiliary Operators whenever necessary. We’re looking for someone who can operate the plant from the central control panel wherever located during any normal, abnormal, or emergency situation which might arise. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Relieves Senior, Junior, or Auxiliary Operators as directed by the Assistant Plant Manager.
· Performs all duties and assumes all responsibilities of the position of Senior Operator, Junior Operator, or Auxiliary Operator while relieving the position.
· Performs maintenance as directed during outages or when not relieving.
· Travels to remotely located hydroelectric turbine and combustion turbine plants and performs work as directed.
· Maintains familiarity with AECC Safety Manual, observes and practices all safety precautions.
· Maintains familiarity with and abides by all applicable internal AECC policies and procedures regarding NERC and FERC compliance.
· Develops and presents monthly safety meeting presentations and participates in plant safety committee as requested.
· Reviews and recommends to the Assistant Plant Manager appropriate changes in plant equipment, design, or operational policies and procedures to maximize plant efficiency and reliability and to address safety hazards and environmental issues.
· Cooperates with the Assistant Plant Manager and Maintenance Supervisor in determining routine and non-routine maintenance of equipment.
· Participates in training program and continually seeks to improve knowledge and skills required.
· Specialized training, equal to 2 years of college, plus 5 years related experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
· Arkansas High Pressure Boilers License
· Valid driver’s license
· Clear understanding of all aspects of utility power plant operation including principles of combustion, heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, electrical theory, water treatment, etc.
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.