Bucket Truck Operator l
Right of Way – Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Bucket Truck Operator l is responsible for operating and maintaining the bucket trucks used for tree-trimming tasks associated with electrical power line right of way (ROW) maintenance, clearing, and re-clearing operations. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
As a condition of employment, this position requires a post-offer, Fitness for Duty exam.
· High school diploma or GED
· 7 to 11 months related experience and/or training
· Able to work in outside or inside working environment, wherein there are potential hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations exist (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, dangerous people, etc.).
· Competent in chainsaw operation and maintenance
· Able to work in extreme heat or cold
· Able to work in extremely loud areas
· Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions
· Able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds and regularly lift up to 25 pounds
· Must be able to travel to various locations throughout Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments
· Must be able to work extra hours when necessary and report to job site whenever needed during scheduled and non-scheduled working periods
· Training specified in 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(1)(i)(E)
· CPR and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
· Certified Arborist
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, Vision
· 9 Paid holidays.
· Educational assistance
· Vacation & sick leave
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
Ready to begin your career with AECI? Apply online at www.aeci.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.