Power Market Operator l-ll
Little Rock, AR, USA
Market Operations/ Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
The Power Market Operator II manages the company’s generation portfolio in two Regional Transmission Markets, in Real Time, in an economic manner while meeting compliance requirements. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC’s mission forward.
· Manage Operation of AECC assets in two Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs) in a real time and short-term horizon.
· Monitor AECC's demand in RTO markets in real time, and take action to enhance AECC's economic performance.
· Determine fuel requirements, and coordinate procurement with AECC's Fuels Department.
· Develop AECC Day Ahead market positions using load and price forecasting tools, while maintaining a high degree of situational awareness to meet constantly changing conditions.
· Submit electronic tags of physical schedules on Bulk Electric System and ensures accuracy of all schedules impacting AECC.
· Procure short term transmission over Open Access Same-time Information System to meet AECC requirements.
· Develop and submit seven-day load forecasts to meet NERC requirements.
· Monitor commercial customers and employ use of reliability and economic interruption when required.
· Assist in training of Power Market Operators.
· Assist in development of weekly energy and transmission position summary.
· Performs any other related duties as required or assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field, plus 1-5 years related experience and/or training, and 1-2 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 3 – 5 years of related experience.
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.