Apprentice Line Worker
Construction – Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Apprentice Line Worker constructs and maintains electrical distribution and transmission lines in a learning position to the extent of experience available. We’re looking for someone who maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
· Frames and installs poles on distribution and transmission lines under the direction of the foreman.
· Installs anchors under the direction of the foreman.
· Assists line workers on pole by sending up materials.
· Operates vehicles as directed by foreman.
· Climbs de-energized poles as directed by foreman.
· Performs other related duties as required for the effective and efficient operation of the Construction Department.
· 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training
· Ability to travel up to 100% of work week
· Ability to work 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week with overtime as needed
· During storm season, expect out of state storm recovery work to include working in Arkansas, Missouri & Oklahoma
· Must be prepared with and willing to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. All PPE must meet safety standard as required by AECI
· CPR and first aid training
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays.
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECI? Apply online at www.aeci.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.