Intern - Transmission Engineering
Little Rock, AR
Transmission Operations –Intern
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Engineering Intern will assist the Power Delivery department in developing engineering solutions to both recurring and emergent high voltage transmission issues. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECC’s mission.
· Update department records and drafts/drawings using EAMS
· Update Google Earth files to reflect the location and names of transmission lines and transmission line poles
· Assist with various construction projects at substations, as needed.
· Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
· Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
· Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
· Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Valid state driver’s license
Ready to begin your career with or AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Arkansas Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, genetics, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.