Mechanized Trimmer Operator
Right of Way – Full Time
*This position qualifies for the AECC/AECI employee referral program.
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
Mechanized Trimmer Operator is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of a Mechanized Trimmer used to facilitate the adequate right of way clearance for distribution and/or transmission power lines, as well as drives and operates ROW vehicles and equipment as necessary to safely and efficiently complete tasks and projects. We’re looking for someone who can safely cut, pile, apply herbicide, and dispose of trees and brush as necessary to maintain adequate ROW clearance for power lines and who can drive and operate ROW vehicles and equipment. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
· Safely operates Mechanized Trimmer to trim trees along Right of Way.
· Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and keeps documentation of maintenance performed.
· Understands all safety rules and company policies while promoting good relations with fellow employees, patron cooperatives, and the general public.
· Inspects ROW in front of equipment to flag obstacles (i.e. phone pedestals, guy wire, septic tanks/septic systems, water and gas lines/meters, etc.)
· Performs traffic control duties around work area as needed.
· Drives/operates ROW vehicles and equipment.
· Performs any and other related duties as required for the effective and efficient operation of the ROW department.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
· 0 to 6 months experience
· Able to work in outside or inside working environment, where there may be potential hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, protective landowners, etc.).
· Able to work in extreme heat or cold
· Able to work in extremely loud areas
· Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions
· Able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds and regularly lift up to 25 pounds
· Valid driver’s license
· Willing to attend qualified climber training
· Must be able to travel to various locations throughout Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments
· Must be able to work extra hours when necessary and report to work whenever needed during non-scheduled working periods
· CPR and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain in first 6 months)
· Temporary Traffic Control Training (or ability to obtain in first 6 months)
· Must be prepared and willing to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times. All PPE must meet safety standard as required by AECI
· Chainsaw operation & maintenance experience
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays.
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECI? Apply online at www.aeci.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.