Analyst - Engineering
Little Rock, AR, USA
Engineering Support / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Engineering Analyst provides engineering support to staff in order to provide the Cooperative with well-designed, efficient, and reliable power production and transmission facilities. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Responsible for procurement of equipment, material, and engineering services related to Engineering projects. This responsibility includes performing research for the writing of specifications, preparing requests for quotations, evaluating quotations, developing recommendations, creating purchase requisitions and purchase orders, tracking status, ensuring receipt, and approving invoicing.
· Assembles completed design packets for distribution related to assigned projects.
· Coordinates project closeout activities such as drawing revisions, work order unitization, and document archiving during project closeout phase.
· Leads and participates in process improvement activities.
· Assists in performing design and analysis work related to production and transmission facilities.
· Assists with project management functions in accordance with the division project management framework standard.
· Assists with department engineering records management to ensure that all engineering records for production and transmission facilities are developed and controlled in a consistent manner in accordance with the division records management standard.
· Assists with production and transmission equipment and facility testing programs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Math or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Valid Driver's license
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.