Right of Way Foreman I
Right of Way – Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Foreman’s primary responsibilities are to oversee and manage the safe and economical day-to-day operation of a right of way crew and associated equipment. This includes tree-trimming, clearing and re-clearing of distribution and transmission power line rights of way, associated paperwork/documentation, job briefings and routine equipment maintenance. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing system conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECI and our mission forward.
· Promotes and enforces environmental, health, and safety standards and adherence to local state and federal regulations.
· Promotes good customer relations and responds to customer complaints.
· Prepares and submits daily work, personnel records, and other required reports to Right of Way Department.
· Oversees and manages the crew's daily work schedule. Conducts job briefings with crew before performing work and again if the work environment changes.
· Ensures the right of way crew has the proper equipment and materials needed to perform their work. This includes the management and proper maintenance of the ROW Department vehicles, chippers, tractors, trim machines, chain saws and miscellaneous equipment. Orders materials and supplies for the crew.
· Coordinates work schedule with ROW Coordinator, General Foreman, and patron cooperative staff.
· Performs daily inspections and maintenance for all equipment under their management.
· High school diploma or GED, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Able to work in outside or inside working environment, wherein there are potential hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations exist (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, dangerous people, etc.).
· Competent in chainsaw operation and maintenance
· Able to work in extreme heat or cold
· Able to work in extremely loud areas
· Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions
· Able to occasionally lift up to 100 pounds and regularly lift up to 25 pounds
· Must be able to travel to various locations throughout Arkansas, Missouri and Oklahoma and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments
· Must be able to work extra hours when necessary and report to work whenever needed during non-scheduled working periods
· CPR and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
· Training specified in 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(1)(i)(E)
· Arkansas Commercial Applicator Technician
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays.
· Educational assistance
· Vacation and sick leave accruals
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Ready to begin your career with AECI? Contact Shannon Miller at (501) 570 - 2302!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.