Energy Management Systems
Little Rock, AR
Information Technology – Intern
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Energy Management Systems Intern is responsible for assisting in various areas related to IT in the energy management systems department. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECC’s mission.
· Assist with Linux/Windows Testing
· Setting up Chef(configuration management software) for EMS servers
· Work with documentation of various departmental processes.
· Write scripts to automate business process.
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Strong skill in one or more programming languages (PERL and PYTHON desired).
· Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
· Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
· Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
Ready to begin your career with or AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Arkansas Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, genetics, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.