Compliance and Support Intern
Little Rock, AR
Engineering – Compliance and Support –Intern
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
· A Compliance and Support Intern assists in various areas related to electrical, mechanical, industrial or civil engineering. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECC’s mission.
· Assist in the preparation of technical reports on new generation options, environmental impact statements for new construction projects, and PSC applications
· Assist Department staff engineers with analysis of test reports and documentation used to monitor regulatory compliance
· Accompany Department staff to AECC facilities (power plants and substation locations) to inspect storm water pollution prevention plan compliance, oil spill plans, and discharge monitoring sites and to assist in survey and data collection for FERC compliance reports
· Assist Division staff in the transfer of electronic files to new data management systems
· Prepare exhibits used at AECC’s Summer Directors’ Conference; man exhibits during conference
· Assist in transmission line routing, including field trips to inspect options
· Assist in right-of-way and easement filings and check existing records for completeness
· Under supervision, assist with specifying and ordering testing equipment, tools, and other material for surveying and construction projects
· Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
· Familiarity with GIS desired.
· Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
· Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
· Exceptional writing skills
· Good communication skills
· Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ready to begin your career with AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Arkansas Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, genetics, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.