Compliance and Support Intern
Little Rock, AR
Engineering – Compliance and Support –Intern (Civil Engineering Focus)
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Compliance and Support Intern – Civil Engineering Focus assists in various areas related to civil engineering, land surveying, and related areas. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECC’s mission.
- Assist with field collection of survey data at hydroelectric generation and substation facilities, office reduction and preparation of FERC and COE compliance reports from these data sets
- Assist in the preparation of technical reports on new generation options, environmental impact statements for new construction projects, and PSC applications using GIS and CAD
- Assist in right-of-way and easement filings and check existing records for completeness
- Assist in transmission line routing, including field trips to inspect line route options
- Under supervision, assist with specifying and ordering testing equipment, tools, and other material for surveying and construction projects
- Accompany Department staff to AECC facilities (power plants and substation locations) to inspect storm water pollution prevention plan compliance, oil spill plans, and discharge monitoring sites
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Pursuing a degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Prior electric utility experience desirable but not required
- Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Current Drivers License
- Ability to work as needed both in the field and office
- Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Good communication skills
- Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Course work in and/or field experience with Land Surveying, Hydrographic Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, AutoCAD and related 2D and 3D modeling software.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, genetics, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed