Generating Station / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Junior Operator assists the Senior Operator in providing for the smooth and efficient operation of the power plant or plants during all stages of operation whenever and as necessary. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Operates steam and combustion turbines, aligns equipment, and makes all necessary adjustments as directed by Senior Operator and operational procedure.
· Inspects all plant equipment inside and outside, checks and lubricate equipment in accordance with prescribed procedure, periodically records readings on log sheets as directed, and reports all non-routine items found to Senior Operator. Performs maintenance as directed.
· Travels to remotely-located combustion turbine plants and performs work as directed.
· Maintains familiarity with AECC Safety Manual, observes and practices all safety precautions. Maintains familiarity with and abides by all applicable internal AECC policies and procedures regarding NERC and FERC compliance.
· Performs duties in such a manner that applicable laws, regulations, and permit requirements including environmental permit requirements are adhered to.
· Performs water tests as directed and operates water treatment equipment such as demineralizers, reverse osmosis units, and filtration systems.
· Carries out security duties as necessary and as directed including screening/identifying visitors and performing security patrols to enforce security policies.
· Checks for fire and safety hazards, equipment deficiencies, and environmental issues and reports to the Senior Operator.
· Studies the operation of the entire power plant and participates in training program to increase competency and be able to assume the duties of a Senior Operator.
· Assists with equipment lockout/tag-out for maintenance by positioning energy isolation devices as directed by the Senior Operator and procedure.
· Operates switches in switchyard and breakers and switches within the plant station service system to route power as necessary and as directed observing proper operational and safety procedures.
*EEI Position Testing will be conducted as part of the selection process
· High school education or GED, plus 3 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Arkansas High Pressure Boilers License or ability to obtain within 1 year
· 2 Retirement Plan Options
· Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· 9 Paid holidays
· Educational assistance
· Paid Time Off Accrual
· Short-term disability
· Long-term disability
· Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.