Engineer I – Electrical Maintenance
Little Rock, AR, USA
Production Maintenance / Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Engineer – Electrical Maintenance provides technical support to Power Production maintenance programs and activities to give AECC properly maintained and reliable power production facilities. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
· Collaborates with Plant Managers and staff to carry out maintenance activities in accordance with annual maintenance plans
· Inspects power plants and reviews design and installation of equipment to ensure safe and reliable operation
· Consults with and provides assistance to power plant personnel on maintenance, troubleshooting, and operations of electrical control systems and equipment
· Coordinates with plant personnel to provide engineering designs, equipment specifications, and other work package documentation to support reliability improvement projects for existing plant systems
· Manages vendor coordination, procurement of materials and services, work execution and closeout of Power Production engineering projects as required.
· Monitors health of major electrical equipment and assists plant personnel with the development and execution of maintenance and testing programs for such equipment.
· Assists in Cooperative research and development efforts and works with outside research organizations as directed and as appropriate.
· Keeps abreast of related current scientific developments and governmental regulations and uses every opportunity to become better qualified in this area of responsibility.
· Participates in generation, co-generation, and renewable energy studies and works with the Manager - Production Maintenance to maximize utilization of AECC power plants.
· Establishes and maintains contact with personnel of like responsibilities in other power supply systems to exchange technical information and to cooperate within projects of mutual interest.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Valid Driver's license
Strongly Preferred Qualifications
· Professional Engineer License – Arkansas
· Engineering Intern (E.I.) license in the State of Arkansas.
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.