Right of Way Sr. Foreman – Planning & Coordination
Right of Way – Full Time
*This position qualifies for the AECC/AECI employee referral program
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Sr. Foreman – P&C’s primary responsibilities are to coordinate and manage the safe and economical day-to-day operation of a right of way crew and associated equipment. This includes occasional tree-trimming, clearing and re-clearing of distribution and transmission power line rights of way, associated paperwork/documentation, job briefings and routine equipment maintenance. We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing system conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECI and our mission forward.
NOTE: This position is not with a member cooperative. AECI contracts to member cooperatives and others as needed. This contract work could include working for cities, municipalities and gas companies.
· Promotes good customer relations and responds to customer complaints; enforces environmental, health, and safety standards and adherence to local state and federal regulations.
· Prepares and submits daily work, personnel records, and other required reports to Right of Way Department.
· Coordinates and plans the crew's daily work schedule. Conducts job briefings with crew before performing work and again if the work environment changes.
· Ensures the right of way crew has the proper equipment and materials needed to perform assignments. This includes the management and proper maintenance of the ROW Department vehicles, chippers, tractors, trim machines, chain saws and miscellaneous equipment. Orders materials and supplies for the crew.
· Coordinates and manages work schedule with other Foreman and staff and performs daily inspections and maintenance for all equipment assigned.
· The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
*As a condition of employment, this position requires a post – offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.